The Cape Town Foreshore was known as the Old Cape Town Pier in the 1900′s.

The Cape Town Foreshore was known as the Old Cape Town Pier in the

Muizenberg Station 1898| Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Muizenberg Station 1898| Flickr - Photo Sharing!

The Aerial Ropeway crossing the Main Road in Simon's Town. It operated between 1904 and 1934 and took supplies and personnel from the West Dockyard to the Royal Naval Hospital and the Sanatorium.

The Aerial Ropeway crossing the Main Road in Simon's Town. It operated between 1904 and 1934 and took supplies and personnel from the West Dockyard to the Royal Naval Hospital and the Sanatorium.

Muizenberg, looking towards Simon’s Town, c. 1917

History of Casa Labia — Casa Labia

St. George's Street, Simon's Town late 1800s | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

St. George's Street, Simon's Town late 1800s | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

To the south of “The Fort” along the Main Road stand two buildings. The first is “Canty Bay House”, which was built of local mountain quarry stone. This late Victorian-styled building was constructed c. 1890. The front bay and verandah were added in 1899 when owned by a Mr Jenkinson. The building alongside is “Knight’s Villa”. It was designed by architect George Ransome for Mr Clifford Knight, a partner in the firm Thomson, Watson and Co. Ransome’s design was based on that of a Venetian…

To the south of “The Fort” along the Main Road stand two buildings. The first is “Canty Bay House”, which was built of local mountain quarry stone. This late Victorian-styled building was constructed c. 1890. The front bay and verandah were added in 1899 when owned by a Mr Jenkinson. The building alongside is “Knight’s Villa”. It was designed by architect George Ransome for Mr Clifford Knight, a partner in the firm Thomson, Watson and Co. Ransome’s design was based on that of a Venetian…

Thumbnail for version as of 10:43, 20 July 2011

File:Main Road and Beaufort Cottage in Kalk Bay - Cape Town 1880 .

Pinterest
Search