• 1 cup all-purpose flour
• 2 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
• 2 tsp red food coloring
• ¼ cup granulated sugar, for coating
Red Velvet Cream Cheese Dip:
• 2 tbsp @oat.haus Red Velvet Granola Butter
• 1-2 tbsp milk of choice
1. Preheat the oven to 390F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set side.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour and cocoa powder; set aside.
3. In a medium saucepan, melt together the butter and oil. Add in the water, brown sugar, food coloring, and salt, and bring to a boil for 5 minutes, mixing occasionally. Add in the flour and cocoa mixture, and stir with a wooden spoon until well combined.
4. Take off of the heat and allow the mixture to cool for 10 minutes.
5. Add in the vanilla and the egg and quickly beat until completely incorporated (it’s going to look like it’s not coming together, but just keep beating)!
6. Put the dough into a piping bag with a star tip. Squeeze the dough into heart shapes onto the prepared baking sheet.
7. Bake for 10, or until crispy to the touch. Then, reduce the heat on the oven to 350F, and bake for another 8-11 minutes.
8. While they are baking, beat together the ingredients for the cream cheese dip in a medium bowl.
9. Remove the churros from the oven and coat in the granulated sugar immediately.
10. Serve with the red velvet cream cheese dip.