Explore Fleet Street, London England and more!

Fleet Street, 1894. Horses had not yet been replaced by cars.

London, England: Fleet Street, Horses had not yet been replaced by cars. Even then they drove forward on the left side of the street.

12th Century Prince Henrys Room, Fleet Street, London photo via linda

Century Prince Henrys Room, Fleet Street, London photo, been here

This beautiful building in Fleet Street, known as "Prince Henry's Room", managed to escape the ravages of the fire. Once a tavern where Samuel Pepys liked to cavort, its intricately decorated plaster Jacobean ceiling is one of its most impressive features.

10 buildings that survived the Great Fire of London

'Prince Henry's Room', Fleet Street had once been a tavern where Samuel Pepys liked to cavort . Samuel Pepys wrote about the Great Fire of London in his diary on 2 September,

Just off Fleet Street; this pub has been around for some time and it retains an 'Olde London' atmosphere. Dr Johnson's House is just around the corner and it's highly possible he would have come here (though there is no record of that). Anyway, there is plenty of Johnson memorabilia inside to help you make the connection.

The Cheshire Cheese ReBuilt 1667 Just off Fleet Street; this pub has \been around for some time and it retains an 'Olde London' atmosphere. Dr Johnson's House is just around the corner and it's highly possible he would have come here (though there

London, Strand Station.    A disused tube station on Fleet Street. Open from 1907-1994, it was known as Aldwych for most of that time.

A disused tube station on Fleet Street. King's College London, Strand Campus is right there.

Ye Olde Cock Tavern,Fleet St, originally known as Ye Cock and Bottle, dates back to 1549 and has the narrowest frontage of any pub in London. It was originally on the North side of Fleet Street, but has been on its existing site since 1887 and was the inn for Samuel Pepys, Charles Dickens and Dr Johnson,

Ye Olde Cock Tavern, Fleet St, originally known as Ye Cock Bottle, it dates back to 1549 has the narrowest frontage of any pub in London. Originally on the North side of the street, its been on this existing site since 1887 was an inn.

Pinterest
Search