Published on September 3, 2022
- •14oz / 400g pitted Olives*
- •1/3 cup / 80ml good quality Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus a drizzle extra if you need to loosen up the marinade a little
- •1/4 cup / 20g very finely diced Fresh Parsley
- •4 fat cloves of Garlic, peeled & thinly sliced (around 4 slithers per clove)
- •1 small Orange, peeled into strips with a vegetable peeler
- •1 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- •1 tsp Dried Oregano
- •1 tsp Dried Chilli Flakes (can reduce if not good with spice)
- •block of Feta and slices of toasted Ciabatta, to serve (optional)**
•In a large shallow dish whisk together extra virgin olive oil, red wine vinegar, parsley, oregano and chilli flakes. Toss in olives, orange peel and garlic.
- •Cover and marinate at room temp for at least an hour, tossing every now and then if you can. If you're marinating longer than an hour, marinate in the fridge. Bring to room temp before serving so the oil loosens up.
*Go for whatever kind of olives you fancy. You can use all the same, or a mix as I've done here. I tend to use pitted olives, just for the marinade can work its way in and around the olive. Also just make sure you get fresh or brined olives, not ones that are already marinated. If using brined olives just drain away the brine first.
**Place a 7oz/200g block of feta on parchment paper in a baking dish. Drizzle over some of the marinade then bake for 15-20mins at 200C/390F, or until the edges turn golden and it is very soft to touch. Remove feta using parchment paper, then serve on a plate surrounded by olives. Serve with toasted slices of ciabatta. DO NOT BAKE WITH OLIVES. JUST BAKE THE FETA, THEN SERVE WITH MARINATED OLIVES.
Follow Find Foodie Food For All RECIPES & Food Essentials Here: https://koji.to/findfoodiefood_