Castle Stuart in Inverness. Castle Stuart is a restored tower house on the banks of the Moray Firth, about 6.5 miles northeast of Inverness. The land the castle was built on was granted to James Stewart, 1st Earl of Moray by his half-sister, Mary, Queen of Scots, following her return to Scotland in 1561.
The Collegiate Church, Tain. The church was built between about 1370 and 1460 to house the shrine of St Duthac, an early medieval saint who was born in Tain. The peak of the shrine's popularity came around 1500 with the repeated visits of James IV. At The Stewart Gathering we will be able to listen to some of his favourite music here.