Don Johnson & Orchestra performing on stage during the Youth Opportunities Board's South Central Project "Youth Night, circa August 1964. Photograph by Harry Adams. Institute for Arts and Media Photographs.
In 1998, Culture Clash premiered a modern re-working of Aristophanes classic play, "The Birds." They performed their version for the South Coast Repertory Theatre and Berkeley Repertory Theatre. This photograph was used for the cover of American Theater Magazine. Culture Clash Collection, Herbert Sigüenza Donation. Latino Cultural Heritage Digital Archives.
Fats Domino (Antoine Dominique, Jr. and Dick "Huggy Boy" Hugg.955. Hugg was instrumental in promoting Rock & Roll on Los Angeles radio. He broadcast from the front wind of an all-night record store on the corner of Central and Vernon Avenues. Harry Adams Collection. Tom & Ethel Bradley Center Photographs.
Students picket to save Los Angeles Mission College, June 27, 1986. In 1986, Governor Deukmejian reduced the state education budget, which forced Los Angeles to cut back education spending. The city contemplated closing at least one of the campuses in the Los Angeles City College District, which was met with protests by students and community members. Robert and Betty Franklin Collection. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.
The first Red Car over to North Hollywood, December 16, 1911, Van Nuys Line. Far right: Fred Weddington, who negotiated to get the line in the Valley; 9th from right: Wilson C. Weddington. The train behind was Huntington's special car. Weddington Family Collection. San fernando Valley History Digital Library.
This photograph from Culture Clash's first photo shoot shows members Richard Montoya, José Antonio Burciaga, Ric Salinas, and Herbert Sigüenza (left to right). The Latino/Chicano comedy troupe Culture Clash began on Cinco de Mayo, 1984 at René Yáñez's Galeria de la Raza in San Francisco, California. Culture Clash Collection.
A group of men in front of an Elgin motorized street sweeper, the first one purchased by the City of Glendale, circa 1930s. Glendale Central Public Library. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.
Patrons and employees at the Jewel City Restaurant once located at 556 West Broadway in Glendale, 1910. The restaurant was owned by W. H. Easton and, according to the 1910 City Directory, is professed to have the "Best 25 cent meals in the Valley." Glendale Central Public Library. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.