HISTORIC PHOTO - Taken in about 1918, this photograph shows the freight depot in Grand Island used by the Union Pacific Railroad Company and St. Joseph & Grand Island Railroad Company. On the dock, workers can be seen loading and unloading the boxcars. A metal wheelbarrow and automobile are parked in front of the depot. Written on the poll of the railroad crossing sign is, “Look out for the cars”. This building still stands in the Union Pacific yards.