The pumpkin day in Venzone, medieval village in the northest of Italy. Venzone is mentioned for the first time in 923 AD as Clausas de Albiciones. Local lord had it surrounded by a massive double line of walls starting from 1258. Venzone was acquired by the Patriarchate of Aquileia in 1336. In 1351 it became part of Austria and, together with the whole Friuli, from 1420 was province of Republic of Venice. After Austrian domination, it was annexed to the newly formed Kingdom of Italy in 1866.