Sheriff Hutton Castle, North Yorkshire. The castle has strong connections with Richard III, who acquired it in 1471 (while still Duke of Gloucester). In 1484 he chose Sheriff Hutton, along with Sandal, to be the headquarters of his new Council of the North. Photograph by Shaun Conway.
Before Restoration, Rolfe House/Warren House/Smith's Fort Plantation. The name "Smith's Fort Plantation" come from that John Smith began constructed a fort here in 1608. A House was built in 1652. The current house was built sometime between 1725 and 1750 by Thomas Warren who got the land from Thomas Rolfe