Pinterest • The world’s catalogue of ideas

The N. Bloomfield Gravel Mining Co. became incorporated in 1866-1910. The corporation owned 1,500 acres total (1,200 mining ground) Of the 50,000 shares of stock, 45,000 at $30/share. 1876 began 12 hour shifts from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. 1880 electric lights were installed, powered by hydraulic generators. 41 million cubic yards of gravel between 1866 and 1884, yielding $3.5 million in gold at $17/ounce. The company took out $3,500,000.00 worth of gold, but invested $3,500,000.00 to pay…