St Vincent Chapel, Edinburgh is adorned with Modern European Heraldry erected between 1971 and 1996 whilst under the control of the Military and Hospitaller Order of St Lazarus. The achievements in gallery above the nave include second from the left Lord Mowbray and Stourton impaling those of the order.
A pavise, historicism in the style of circa 1480 The lime wood shield carved in one piece, with a pronounced medial rib. The front gessoed and painted with a coat of arms in colour. The back covered in old, handwritten vellum. The shield grip made of an ox penis. The edges knocked in places, a small defect in the vellum covering on the back. Outstanding 19th century workmanship. Dimensions 83 x 47 cm. Hermann Historica 70. Auction 04./05.2015 Lot Nr. 3204
Blazon of Vavasour of Spaldington from page 270 of A record of European armour and arms through seven centuries Volume 5 by Sir Guy Francis Laking (1920), in relation to the Church of All Saints Bubwith Yorkshire. Blazon: Or, a fess dancettee sa. charged with a fleur-de-lis ar. Crest: A cock gu. combed, wattled and legged, and charged on the breast with a fleur-de-lis or.