Wow! 1908 The final section of the "Old Main" building at Marshall College (now Marshall University) just after completion in 1908. This view from Sixteenth Street (now Hal Greer Blvd), shows the distinctive Old Main towers that have now become the university’s trademark. The school has been on this site, in one form or another, since 1837. Courtesy MU official online history.