C) Absinthe House | In 1815, the ground floor was converted into a saloon known as "Aleix's Coffee House" and was run by the nephews of Senora Juncadelia. This coffee house was later rechristened "The Absinthe Room" when mixologist Cayetano Ferrer created the famous Absinthe House Frappe here in 1874.(more about this now illegal liquor) To this day, The Old Absinthe House still has the decorative marble fountains that were used to drip cool water over sugar cubes into glasses of Absinthe.
The Edith Dupre Library on the University of Louisiana at Lafayette campus offers exhibits within its halls throughout the year. The library is also home to the Ernest Gaines Center, in tribute to award-winning author Ernest Gaines.