Soddy-Daisy, TN --- The New Soddy Coal company store in 1910. The store was built in 1883. It was owned and operated by Durham Coal and Iron. Closed in 1929. After a hosiery mill operated out of it for a short period a furniture manufacturer started using the building in 1961. On Christmas Eve 1961 some young boys threw a cherry bomb inside the building thru a crack and caught the building on fire. The building was a total loss from the fire.