Lies on the northwestern-most point of the islet of San Juan, Puerto Rico. Named in honor of King Philip II of Spain, the fortification, also referred to as el Morro or promontory, was designed to guard the entrance to the San Juan Bay, and defend the city of Old San Juan from seaborne enemies. In 1983, during the Reagan Administration, the castillo was declared a World Heritage Site by the United Nations in conjunction with the San Juan National Historic Site.
Capilla del Cristo (Cristo Chapel) is located at the end of Cristo Street next to the Parque de las Palomas in the Old San Juan section of San Juan, Puerto Rico. The chapel, which is now a Puerto Rican landmark, was originally built in 1753 and is a fairly small but quaint and historic chapel. The entrance has a large wrought-iron gate and a small single church bell adorns to rooftop.