Dogs were given many roles within armies during World War One, including drawing carts containing machine guns and supplies for the Belgian army, as troops left for the front line in October 1914 ( 962 x 704 )
OFLAG IVC PRISONER OF WAR CAMP, COLDITZ CASTLE, SAXONY DURING THE SECOND WORLD WAR. Escape attempts - the underside of the hole beneath the stage in the camp theatre through which four officers escaped, two of them successfully.
From the same location as photo number 11 here we turn and look to the right to see where the Light Brigade ended its charge just beyond the Russian artillery line which was down where the dark tree line shows in this photo. Part of the Brigade passed on to far center toward the Tcherniya river. The dark ridge line in the distance is Mackenzie heights, named after a Scot admiral who commanded in the Russian Black Sea Fleet.
Here we have moved to a location behind the Russian artillery line, which was approximately where the tree line is now. We view toward Sapun Gor ridge. The Causeway height is on the left. The Light Brigade charged from the far end of this valley straight toward us and passed through the Russian artillery line.