is a stately home in Long Melford, Suffolk, England
In the Tavern Room of the Austin Roe House (1705), one of the centers of intelligence and espionage during the Revolutionary War. Pictured are LI Spy Museum CEO Burke Liburt (center) with "Bo" Roberts (left), video photographer and Erich Frazier (right), history research analyst, both of The Angelo Group. From 1776-1780 Captain Roe traveled between Setauket and NY as the provisioner & owner of the Tavern, but carried coded messages which were ferried across the Sound to Washington's HQ .
The Thompson House. Built in the five-room saltbox farmhouse is one of the largest houses in the area. The builder and was Samuel Thompson, whose son inherited the property and proceeded to aid the Culper Spy Ring.