15. With the new restrictions on cell phone use while driving in the US, David had to figure out how to use his phone while driving without getting a ticket. He saw some of his coworkers begin carrying around a set of earbuds, but he thought that was unsafe since you couldn't hear anything else. After doing some research online, he found out that his Camaro had hands-free capabilities through the car's OnStar module.
3. "Do you know where you are going?", asked David's friend. "Of course I do! I know where the airport is!", David retorted. They had been driving for what seemed like at least an hour on the freeway with no exit leading to the airport in sight. "I think you're going the wrong way David. We should ask…" "Fine! Let's ask!" It turns out David had been driving north on the freeway instead of south for 30 miles.
18. David could not be any prouder of his son for getting accepted to the University of Chicago's Booth School of Business. As the day came closer, the realization that their son was leaving began to set in for David and Julie. They both watched as their son drove away. However, thanks to Onstar's FamilyLink, they would always know where their son was, and knew that in case something happened, their son was just a button press away from help.
6. The thief drove off with the car as David watched the high speed chase unfold on TV. The GM Tahoe unexpectedly stopped, and the thief bolted from the car. He was apprehended a few moments later when he tried jumping over a fence. The reporter came back on with a live interview with one of the police officers. "He wouldn't have pulled over if OnStar hadn't have shut the vehicle down…Generally pursuits end in a collision.", said the officer.
8. "OnStar, could you book me a hotel for the night?", David asked the advisor wearily. "Absolutely sir! Any preference on chain or location?", replied the cheery advisor. "No, just as long as it's close. I am falling asleep here. Been driving for 10 hours." The cars navigation system chimed in with a "Turn left in 500 feet." "I have a reservation for you at the Double Tree Inn that should be coming up on your left. Have a good night sir!"
12. "Daddy, what are those?" David's son was pointing at a yellow call box on the side of the 101 freeway. "That's a call box." David replied. "What do they call?" These call boxes were costing over a million dollars a year to maintain, and with nearly everyone having a cellphone, there was little need for these call boxes. "I guess it's for people who don't have cell phones." "But you have the nice car lady." It was true, OnStar was there no matter what.