Made beef & broccoli IB @jasminepak
Check her page for full recipe in caption!
My edits included sirloin steak instead of flank steak, red flakes, onion powder & garlic pepper. I also omitted the shaoxing wine. I could’ve used Mirin as a substitute but I forgot I had some in the pantry 🤦🏾♀️
This was so delicious & a super quick dinner idea 💡 when you’re craving Chinese take out!
Scroll my page for more Chinese takeout inspired meals like lomein, steamed dumplings, orange chicken & teriyaki salmon! 🔥🔥
Have you made beef & broccoli at home? What’s your take on it?
Pan @lecreuset braiser in the color flame 🔥
Recipe by Jasmine Pak via Buzzfeed
• 1/2 lb flank steak, sliced 1/4-inch thick
• 1 tbsp dark soy sauce (sub regular soy sauce)
• 1 tsp sugar (I use Monkfruit Sweetener)
And the rest!
• 2 cups broccoli florets
• 1 tsp minced garlic (or 1-2 garlic cloves)
• 1 heaping tablespoon of cornstarch + 3 tbsp water
• 1. In a medium sized bowl, add the sliced flank steak, baking
• 2. Mix the beef and massage until all the liquid is absorbed.
• The baking soda helps to tenderize the meat. You can omit
• the baking soda if you don't have it available.
• 3. Add cornstarch, oil, oyster sauce and mix well. Cover and
• marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes.
• 4. Blanch the broccoli. Add your broccoli florets into a pot of
• boiling water and cook for 20 seconds. If you like your
• broccoli softer, blanch for 30-60 seconds.
• 5. Remove the broccoli, dip in an ice bath, and set aside.
• 6. Make the sauce. Combine all the ingredients for the
• 7. Add oil to your pot over medium high heat. Once hot,
• cook your sliced beef on both sides until browned. Transfer
• the beef into another bowl and set aside.
• 8. Bring your pan back over medium heat and add oil.
• 9. Add garlic and ground ginger and toss until fragrant.
• 10. Add Shaoxing wine and the sauce mixture. Stir to
• incorporate all the browned beef bits around the pan and
• 11. Add the cornstarch slurry and stir constantly until well
• combined and slightly thickened, about 30 seconds.
• 12. Add the blanched broccoli and seared beef and mix until
• 13. Raise the heat and continue to cook for another 30
• seconds. Remove from heat once the sauce is at your
• 14. Enjoy with steamed rice.