Title: Interior of grocery store, Calgary, Alberta. Date: 1906 Remarks: Owned by Luke Draper, located 226 - 17th Avenue SW in Victoria Park district. L-R: Sidney Blight, delivery man; Dick Tennant; ---?; Luke Draper. The store was demolished in 2008.
The Heath Block is at 615 15th Avenue SW. Originally the high-end tailor shop of Fred Heath, the first floor was converted to residential around 1930. The newspaper photo is from a 'grand opening' advertising feature in the Calgary Daily Herald, August 24, 1912.
Lougheed House “Beaulieu” National Historic Site Senator James Alexander Lougheed and his wife, Isabella, moved into this grand sandstone mansion in 1891. Then called Beaulieu, the house became the centre of Calgary’s social scene. The site is open year round and is located at 707-13th Avenue SW in Calgary, Alberta.