The sum total of all the parts in the lamp. Everything here came from Orchard Supply. I finally got the time and proper motivation to revisit an old DIY floor lamp project I started a long while back. For some time I had most of it finished, with the exception of some janky wiring that kept me from using it out of fear of burning down the apartment block. The initial idea came from Popular Mechanics' DIY section, obviously mine is a bit different. I chose not to include the touch-sensitive on-off for simplicity of building it, and morphed it into a floor lamp. Total cost of materials ended up around $100, but that includes an expensive $30 LED bulb which is not a necessity. The floor base assembled. The iron pipe construction method is pretty neat, you can pretty easily make it into any form factor that fits your need. Plus if I ever find myself in a dire need of plumbing something I can always disassemble the lamp. After soldering, before cleaning. Solder joints cleaned up and wrapped with isolating tape, time to light it up and check the wiring. After soldering, cleaning up the excess wire, and covering with electrical tape, it's time to fire it up. No matter how simple the wiring is that I'm working on, I'm always nervous when flipping a switch, but it worked first time. Autodesk Inventor model of the bracket I made to interface the lamp with the pipe. What kept me from using the lamp in the past was that I didn't have any mechanical connection between the lamp itself and the pipe base. Hanging wires are never a good thing. It took about an hour to draw this part up in Inventor; M4 Metric nuts fit inside three pockets at the base of the part, and M4 hex bolts thread through to clamp onto the pipe. Test fit of the electronics housing to the pipe; I had to reprint it as my first attempt the tolerances on the nuts and bolts were too tight and wouldn't fit. Test fit with the pipes all assembled, electronics housing closed up. Supports the weight of the heavy LED bulb nicely. Closed up, finished, and lit. I'm only about 80% satisfied with the final plastic parts. I designed it to hook into one of the original plastic parts from the lamp because it had threads to screw into the lamp shade. My printer could easily replicate the threads, but I don't have the proper tools to measure and recreate the threads in the CAD model. Perhaps someday I'll get back to it and reprint a more integrated solution, but for now I'm happy to have a functional task lamp.