Burt Hall - Burt Hall was built in 1920 and named for Mr. and Mrs. R. E. Burt, who donated the $100,000 needed to build the residence hall. Burt was architecturally ahead of its time when built. The in-suite bath design was almost unheard of for college dorm facilities and was later copied by other college architects. The three-story building was renovated in 1990 and houses 170 residents, making it the largest female hall on campus.
This is an 1851 letter by Rufus Burleson to separate the genders at Baylor University. In 1885 Baylor Female College moved from Waco to Belton, Texas. It later became known as the University of Mary Hardin-Baylor.
The fire which destroyed the Wilson Administration Building and Alma Reeves Chapel in 1964 on the campus of Mary Hardin-Baylor College in Belton, TX. We were in church when someone came in and got the MHB president. We all drove to the campus after church while they were still putting out the fire.