Day one- This is what I find after being asked to warm this place up and give it some personality. Specifically wanted curtains in the arches to block some unsightly power lines. The arches measured 14 ft high and 12 ft wide.
Day 4- Curtains done and secured back. Under the covered area is an iron dining table and chairs, to the left outside the picture is a serving window from the kitchen that has never been used. More on that later.
Second curtain done and hung. Got the hold backs in place and used hemp rope to make tie backs....fringed the ends to make rustic tassels. Note the beautiful Mexican pot in the lower left corner. She has two on the front porch and two out back that need to be planted. She also has 4 wall hung pots to match that will go on the wall behind the spa end of the pool.
Day two. After a trip to buy tarps and hand stitching the edges and making a valance, one is hung on a bamboo pole on the inside of the arch. By the time I was done I had saddle stitched 56 ft of tarp. My fingers were sore.
Day- I've lost track---With everything sort of rustic and hard I wanted something a little softer and airier. We scoured thrift shops and ended up getting 6 beautiful pieces of wicker furniture for under $100.00 and then I repaired the bad spots where the wicker had broken and used 47 cans of white spray paint to freshen everything up.
The upgraded seating area by the pool. This shot doesn't have the second rug in place but it is just like the one in the other pictures. Have finished a large Spanish hutch and it will be in place in the next few days and will get pics then.
This isn't a good pic but the chest with a top that opens started out as a pretty sad looking thing. A coat of paint, polished the handles and did faux marble on the top. It will be used to serve drinks at my clients house on the patio. Eventually it will come to me, take on a whole new look and be used for a rolling sewing/craft station.