The Original Dallas County Country Club clubhouse, (Highland Park) Dallas, Texas. It was established in 1896, purportedly by "several men golfing on a cow patch in Oak Lawn." The Clubhouse was located in Highland Park between Mockingbird Lane and Beverly Drive. Tom Bendelow designed the golf course, and the first round of golf was played in 1912. This structure burned down, but the country club remains with new facilities.