*PLEASE USE UNBLEACHED & TOXIN-FREE TOILET PAPER.
Hi everyone! I’ve been waiting and am so excited to finally share this method of growing oyster mushrooms on TP🧻 as a science experiment! (Use unbleached/toxin-free toilet paper)
Watching the process was fun and educational for our family! Hope you enjoy this short video and let me know if you give it a try sometime! The information is below. Thanks to @fieldandforestproducts for the inspiration! 🍄❤️
Grey Dove Oyster mushrooms (Pleurotus ostreatus)
1. Boil water in a large pot and remove from heat.
• 2. Use unbleached toilet paper. Place a roll of TP in the hot water until fully saturated. Remove TP and place on a cooling rack to drain. Allow it to cool.
• 3. Put the roll in a filter patch bag.
• 4. Pour some grain spawn into the center of the TP roll.
• 5. Close the bag with a rubber band above the filter patch.
• 6. Place the bag in an area with a temperature between 65-75 F. We placed them in the hallway closet. This is the incubation period which took about 4 ½ weeks.
• 7. To stimulate fruiting, place the bag in the refrigerator for 2 days.
• 8. Take the bag out of the refrigerator and remove the rubber band to allow air circulation.
• 9. We misted the bag 2-3 times daily. The mushrooms were fully grown after 7 days from removing the bag from the refrigerator. The process took approximately 6 weeks.