Sometimes, one simple picture can tell you more about history than any story you might read or any document you might analyze. these pictures are awesome.<< history is fucked up
1. A San Francisco man named Tim Wong saved a threatened butterfly species by replanting rare flora in his backyard, transporting caterpillars to his local botanical garden, where they began to make a comeback. 2. When Pablo Picasso was interrogated by an SS officer about his painting Guernica, “Did you do that?” Picasso replied, “No, you did.”
1. Oliver Sipple, who saved then President Gerald Ford's life from an assassin, was subsequently outed as gay by the press, disowned by his family and ultimately died regretting saving the President. 2. Rosa Parks was sitting in the colored section of the bus during the infamous incident in Montgomery; she was asked to vacate her seat, in the front row of the colored section, because the white portion of the bus was filled.
1. Mark Twain predicted his own death in 1909, "I came in with Halley's Comet in 1835. It is coming again next year, and I expect to go out with it." He died in 1910, a day after the comet returned. 2. Dark matter could warm certain planets in the place of a sun, allowing life to arise on a sunless planet.
Amazing and Weird Facts. especially the Down syndrome tiger fact
Oprah Winfrey was born to a single mother, wore potato sacks for clothes, was molested by her family, and gave birth to a stillborn child at 14. | Ninjas actually wore blue. Black stands out in the moonlight, and blue hides just as well in the dark. | After her Super Bowl performance (Super Bowl XLIX), Katy Perry's lawyers tried (unsuccessfully) to copyright and trademark 'Left Shark'.
These photographers may have never known the significance of the pictures they took and that millions would be marveling at them in the future. A rare and fascinating look at how different (and similar) life used to be.
1. Many of Marvel’s notable superheroes and villains are of Irish descent including, Captain America, Beast, Iceman, an incarnation of Ant-Man, Daredevil, Bullseye and Dum Dum Dugan. 2. 02. Marvel’s Wakandan super hero, The Black Panther, was originally named The Coal Tiger by Stan Lee.
Here are some fun and interesting facts you will not believe are true. That baby elephant was ADORABLE!
1. The first time the Flash raced Superman, they made sure the race ended as a tie so that none of the gangsters that had bet on the race made any money. 2. The Megalania, a venomous 23-foot long species of giant monitor lizard, was hunted to extinction by early human inhabitants of Ice Age Australia.
1. To highlight Steve Roger’s muscles when he wasn’t wearing his super-suit, the costume designer of Captain America: Civil War purposefully made Chris Evans wear t-shirts that ran a size too small. 2. The “Ghostface" mask worn by the killers of the Scream film series was discovered in an abandoned house during location scouting for the film.
1. In 2012, when Taylor Swift held a public vote for where she should visit and perform a free concert, 4chan users as a prank voted for a children's school for the deaf and won the vote. Swift donated $10,000 to the school, 4 companies matched her donation, VH1 gave $10,000 in instruments, and Swift gave the students tickets to her Boston concert. 2. The second floor of Elvis' Graceland is forbidden and the only non-family member to see it was Nicholas Cage, who married Lisa Marie Presley.