McGregor This little village is located between the scenic mountains of the Western Cape in ward 5 of the Breede River Winelands Municipality. McGregor was established in 1861 and was initially known as Lady Grey. The town was renamed in 1905 after Rev. Andrew McGregor, who was the Dutch Reformed Church minister in the neighbouring Robertson District for 40 years. McGregor is part of the broader wine route of the Western Cape.