Só onthou ek Suid-Afrika: Ou Suid-Afrikaanse geld

I Lenda V. WON the November 2016 Lotto Jackpot‼💚 South African currency.

When Table Mountain still had a forest       1968. by Etiennedup, via Flickr

Particularly the Silverstream area used to look like the Knysna forests with massive trees (not Pine), thick green undergrowth and lots of birds.

The Aerial Ropeway crossing the Main Road in Simon's Town. It operated between 1904 and 1934 and took supplies and personnel from the West Dockyard to the Royal Naval Hospital and the Sanatorium.

The Aerial Ropeway crossing the Main Road in Simon's Town. It operated between 1904 and 1934 and took supplies and personnel from the West Dockyard to the Royal Naval Hospital and the Sanatorium.

Tram in Main Road, Camps Bay | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

British Pathe Newsreel Clip from the Camps Bay Tram Ride

En route to Cape Point Smitswinkel Bay, 1914| Flickr - Photo Sharing!

๑ Nineteen Fourteen ๑ historical happenings, fashion, art style from a century ago - En route to Cape Point Smitswinkel Bay, 1914

''n Voorstelling van die landing van  die Van Riebeeck-geselskap op  6 April 1652 aan die Kaap. Die drie skepe in die vloot van vyf wat Tafelbaai eerste binnegevaar het,  lê op die agtergrond voor anker.

''n Voorstelling van die landing van die Van Riebeeck-geselskap op 6 April 1652 aan die Kaap. Die drie skepe in die vloot van vyf wat Tafelbaai eerste binnegevaar het, lê op die agtergrond voor anker.

After Rhodes’ death in March 1902 the cottage was left in the care of his personal body servant Tony Delacrax until 1904. Thereafter the roof was altered and the cottage was boarded up until 1932 after which it was handed over to the Northern Rhodesian Government as a rest and recreational home for their civil servants. In 1937 it was handed over to the Cape Town City Council and in 1953 was converted into a museum. It was opened that year by the Mayor of Cape Town, Mr Fritz Sonnenberg, and…

After Rhodes’ death in March 1902 the cottage was left in the care of his personal body servant Tony Delacrax until 1904. Thereafter the roof was altered and the cottage was boarded up until 1932 after which it was handed over to the Northern Rhodesian Government as a rest and recreational home for their civil servants. In 1937 it was handed over to the Cape Town City Council and in 1953 was converted into a museum. It was opened that year by the Mayor of Cape Town, Mr Fritz Sonnenberg, and…

Opening of Settlers Way - 1961.

Last minute tidying up of the new road prior to it's opening on 8 December Photo;

Town Hall & Public Library, Mowbray - c1900

This impressive structure with prominent Flemish-Renaissance features, was designed by architect JC Tully, of Tully & Waters, and was erected in It was declared a National Monument under old NMC legislation on 15 August

Front stoep of the South African Orphan House in Long Street towards the end of the 19th century | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Front stoep of the South African Orphan House in Long Stre…

Chapman's Peak Drive in 1923 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Chapman's Peak Drive in 1923 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Pinterest
Search