Woodstock Beach circa 1935
Before moving to Newlands in 1955 the Castle Brewery was located in lower Woodstock. The road on the left crossing the railway lines is Lower Church str. that is still used today. The dark building on the beach is the Woodstock pavilion.
End of an era 27 Sept.1977.
The final departure of the S.A. Vaal, ending more than a century of the weekly 'mailship' service between S.A. and the U.K. This was brought about by the rapid expansion of affordable inter-continental flights by the world's major airlines. Photo; Cape Argus.