The Owl House is a museum in Nieu-Bethesda, South Africa. The house itself was transformed by Helen Martins. She began an obsessive project around 1945 to decorate her home and garden. Martins used cement, glass and wire to decorate the interior of her home and later build sculptures in her garden. Almost all the walls of the interior of the house were covered in decorative and colourful crushed glass. In 1964, Koos Malgas helped her build the sculptures in her garden.