Transport for London has released another alternative version of the Tube map—and it’s actually really useful. The London transport manager has created a ‘Walk the Tube’ map, which shows how long it takes to totter between stations.
* An exterior view from the River Thames. The public house was originally built in 1520 and known as the Devil's Tavern through its association with thieves and smugglers. Its name was changed to the Prospect of Whitby in 1777.
"From the1860s geometric and encaustic tiled floors started to appear in public buildings, churches and the more expensive Victorian villas. Their rise to fashion was assured by their use in such prestigious buildings as the Victoria and Albert Museum, and by the 1890s they had become an essential feature in the most ordinary Victorian terraced houses from Dover to Aberdeen."
Stairway Cinema is the third major installation by OH.NO.SUMO. This project takes inspiration from the site and its inhabitants. The intersection of Symonds Street and Mount Street is a place of ‘hard waiting’. Bus stops and laundromats create a hard-scape of poor space for social interaction. Members of the public retreat individually into the media offered on their mobile phones.