On the Rue St-Louis, the main thoroughfare in the Upper Town of Old Quebec. It extends southwestward as far as the old Porte St-Louis (St. Louis Gate, built into the city wall surrounding the old city). Along Rue St-Louis are found some of the city's oldest stone buildings, including the Maison Kent, Maison Maillou and Maison Jacquet.
The Mitre Tavern, between Hatton Garden and Ely Place. It bears a stone mitre carved on the front with the date 1546. Ely Place still has its own Watchman who closes the gates a ten o’clock and cries the hours through the night.