James Morris was one of the slaves/Freedmen on Belmead Plantation and one of the employees at St. Emma's Industrial and Agricultural Institute. He labored on Belmead property for 66 years as a carpenter and miller. He was born in Surry County, Virginia around 1820. He came to Belmead Plantation with Phillip St. George Cocke in the 1830's. He died in Mohemenco, Powhatan, Virginia in 1902 and was buried in his homestead cemetery.
Skene Catling de la Peña, James Morris · Flint House. Buckinghamshire, UK