4-4-0T Metropolitan A-Class locomotive No. 27. Built by Beyer Peacock in 1867 (works no. 773), this was one of the forty four A-Class engines that formed the backbone of Metropolitan motive power (forty nine were built, but five of the ten from 1867 were sold to the Midland Railway). After a remarkable 84 years service, they were eventually withdrawn in 1948.