Omaha District > Missions > Dam and Lake Projects > Missouri River Dams > Fort Peck > Recreation Areas
A postmark from Fort Peck Dam (8/13/1934). The Fort Peck post office was initially known as Fort Peck Dam, taking its name from the new dam being built just to the south of the townsite. The post office opened on May 16, 1934; on September 1, 1934 the name was shortened to Fort Peck.
Fort Peck photo by Margaret Bourke-White. Lattice like support struts inside a section of a giant pipe which is to be used to divert the flow of the Missouri River during construction of the Fort Peck dam.