Southwold, Suffolk - Southwold was mentioned in Domesday Book (1086) as a fishing port, and, after the "capricious River Blyth withdrew from Dunwich in 1328, bringing trade to Southwold in the 15th century", it received its town charter from Henry VII in 1489.
Colour poster showing a crowd of children on the beach, one with her parents, watching a Punch and Judy show. One little boy is holding a bucket and spade, another a fishing net, and two boys are peering inside the tent, 1952 revealing the puppeteers legs. In the background, people are riding donkeys and wading and swimming in the sea. A pier is also visible in the top-right corner.