Wych Street, 1901. Wych Street is no longer there, but was a street in London, roughly where Australia House now stands on Aldwych. It ran west from the church of St Clement Danes on the Strand to a point towards the southern end of Drury Lane. The street was demolished by the London County Council in around 1901, as part of the redevelopment that created the Kingsway and Aldwych.
This beautiful building in Fleet Street, known as "Prince Henry's Room", managed to escape the ravages of the fire. Once a tavern where Samuel Pepys liked to cavort, its intricately decorated plaster Jacobean ceiling is one of its most impressive features.