David L. Nutt House-Two story house built in 1879 by David Lee Nutt, who came to Texas from Missouri in 1857. Constructed, plantation-style, with cypress lumber hauled by ox cart from east Texas. Home soon converted into Hood county's first hotel, humorously named The Nutt House by the family. Patrons were drummers visiting Nutt's mercantile store. Became a home again in 1900. Nutt was a donor of 40 acres for original Granbury townsite.