The building, dating back to 1758, belongs to architectural rescuers Lassco – seemingly a Georgian version of Dickens’ Old Curiosity Shop, where the antique sits comfortably next to the contemporary...
Old Curiosity Shop, Portsmouth Street, Westminster, London An exterior view of the Old Curosity Shop as immortalised by Charles Dickens in ‘Little Nell’. It was built in 1567. Photographer : York and Son. Date taken : 1870 - 1900
The Old Curiosity Shop by Vic Newey. Saw this and his complete Dickensian street scene at the Kensington Festival a few years ago and it's absolutely wonderful. Have been a big fan ever since. He used to work on sets for film and TV and has transferred those skills and techniques to the miniature world. Click to his site to see the street lit and peopled. (can't pin)
In pictures: The Viktor Wynd Museum of Curiosities – Now. Here. This. – Time Out London