Virginia - The Bedford Museum and Genealogical Library building was built in 1895 as a Masonic Temple. This is the only example of Romanesque Revival architecture in Bedford and is impressive with its multi-colored brick, stone archways, terra cotta ornamentation and bay windows.
Ralph Lauren's Refined Homes and Chic Madison Avenue Office
The 496 Franklin Avenue library was built by the architectural firm of Lord & Hewlett in 1905. The Bedford Library was the first branch of the Brooklyn Public Library system, which opened in 1887 within the old PS 3 on Bedford Avenue. After moving to Brevoort Place in 1899, and Avon Hall in 1902, the library finally had its own building – a Carnegie building – in 1905.