Flag of the 5th Alabama Infantry. This flag is an Army of Northern Virginia, 3rd wool bunting issue. Flags of this pattern were manufactured at the Richmond Depot between July 1862 and May 1864. This flag was issued to the 5th Alabama Infantry in April, 1863. It was captured at the Battle of Chancellorsville, Virginia on May 3, 1863 by the 111th Pennsylvania Volunteers, 2nd Brigade, 2nd Division, 12th Army Corps. The flag was returned to the State of Alabama effective March 25, 1905.