Australian architecture firm Panovscott has overhauled a federation-era cottage in Sydney, adding a stacked extension onto the rear of the building with large picture windows that overlook the garden. Anita Panov and Andrew Scott built the extension with
australian architecture firm DKO has adapted this building with a listed façade into apartments by inserting a perforated metal box set meters within the existing walls to create a ‘shadow gap’ between old and new. read the article on
These immaculately restored and richly detailed twin Victorian Filigree terrace houses - Falkirk and Helensburgh - were completed in 1887 and are a highlight of South Melbourne's Nelson Road. The detail in the parapets and iron lace work is immaculate.