Cape Town's first traffic light. | The city's first three traffic lights were installed in January 1932.This one is in Darling street near the Castle. They were promptly named Robots. a uniquely South African term which has remained through the years.

Cape Town's first traffic light. The city's first three traffic lights were installed in January one is in Darling street near the Castle. They were promptly named Robots. a uniquely South African term which has remained through the years.

Old windmill on site of Pyott’s Factory, Albert Road - now Old Biscuit Mill.

Old windmill on site of Pyott’s Factory, Albert Road - now Old Biscuit Mill.

Woodstock Pavillion 1935

Situated near the present day Royal Cape Yacht club, was the Woodstock Bathing Pavilion.The road was Marine drive that ran along the beach all the way to Milnerton.

N2 under construction - c1961.

Both the and the Athlone power station were completed at virtually the same time.

Pinterest
Search