Pietermaritzburg City Hall, a colonial era red brick building which dates from 1902. It was built to replace the original City Hall which was burnt down in 1898. The building was opened on August 14th 1902 by the then Duke and Dutchess of Cornwall and York. It was declared a national monument in 1969 (now known as Heritage sites).
Transport-riding, the usual means of moving produce before coming of railways, provided a livelihood for many colonists. Here wagons are moving down the Town Hill towards the city. From: http://www.pmbhistory.co.za/?showcontent%5B_id%5D=93